FFCF BOARD NOMINATION PACKET INFORMATION
The Fresno Free College Foundation has an opening on its Board of Directors for a Seat that will expire at the end of 2023. The current vacancy will be filled by the FFCF BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The Board will review applications at their Aug 15, 2023 meeting.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING IS AUG 1, 2023
Notes: FCC rules and regulations prohibit anyone with a FELONY on their record from owning/operating a broadcast facility. Since the KFCF License is owned by the Fresno Free College Foundation, you may NOT serve on the board of FFCF if you have a felony.
The FCC also restricts foreign ownership, but please contact KFCF if you are not an american citizen and wish to APPLY to serve on the Board.
- CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS AND VISION – Please provide a statement of not more than 150 words describing your qualifications and your vision for the Foundation.
- CANDIDATE QUESTIONS (350 word limit total, excluding questions) –
- Please provide a brief background statement with the skill, experiences, and connection with Fresno Free College Foundation that you would bring to the Board as a Director.
- Please describe your perception of the value of KFCF 88.1 FM and KPFA to Central California.
- What is your opinion of KFCF’s local programming? How would you work to improve the local programming?
- How would you propose to increase the size and diversity of the KFCF listening audience?
- What, in your opinion, is the proper role and responsibility of a Board member?
- Do you have time to attend monthly Board and committee meetings?
- DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY
- Your declaration of candidacy should contain an affirmation that you are standing for election to Director of the Fresno Free College Foundation. You must be a paid member of the Fresno Free College Foundation at a minimum of $25 a year. Payments to KFCF and KPFA count as members as long as the minimum $25 a year is made. You must be a paid member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- EXAMPLE: I, (name), am both qualified and eligible to run for the office of Director of the Fresno Free College Foundation.
- Include on the declaration the following information: Name , Mailing Address, Phone Number(s), Email address
- This information is required in order for you to be contacted about candidate events and election activities as well as to verify your eligibility as a member.
- The KFCF office is at 1449 N Wishon Ave in Fresno, CA 93728, SW corner of Pine and Wishon. Mailing address is PO Box 4364 Fresno, CA 93744